One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Friday, April 23, 2010

Saturday Blog Showcase #16 - Mango Sorbet


Welcome to the sixteenth edition of Saturday Blog Showcase!  Ann (Thibeault's Table) hope you join us in showcasing some of the wonderful bloggers and their recipes.  The guidelines to participate can be found at the bottom of this post.  Join in the fun!

I found my inspiration for this week at Sidewalk Shoes.  Pam's beautifully presented Mango Sorbet caught my eye.  It was a great opportunity to break my ice cream maker out of winter hibernation.  I found some wonderfully ripe mangoes at my local produce market and I was set to go.  I thought Pam's addition of dark rum (just a smidge!) was brilliant.  The sorbet was delicious, the color rich.  It will become a permanent part of my frozen treat repertoire for the summer.  Thanks, Pam!


Mango Sorbet
adapted from the genius of David Lebovitz

2 large, ripe mangoes
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon dark rum, plus more to taste
pinch of salt

Peel the mangoes and cut into chunks. Place the mangoes and the rest of the ingredients in a blender. Squeeze the mango pits over the blender to try and get as much juice out of the flesh as possible. Puree until smooth. Taste and add more lime juice or rum. Chill thoroughly and the process in your ice cream maker per it's directions.



* * * * * * * * * *


If you would like to join us this week just :

1.Make a recipe from a fellow blogger's website and share the recipe on your blog with a link back to the blog where you found the recipe.

2.Add the Saturday Blog Showcase logo to your post.

3.On Friday night or Saturday, link your post to Mr. Linky

10 comments:

Thibeault's Table said...

Wow, the colour is amazing. I'm sure the flavour is too.

the country cook said...

Sounds delicious! I have a mango sorbet that only takes water and sugar, and I just love it. The mango gives it such a great texture...not like other homemade ice creams that get hard after freezing.

Linda said...

This looks so refreshing Lori!
Gorgeous...i must try this...your pics are amazing!

Cathy said...

I can imagine how delicious this is. I really have to get an ice cream freezer. I was planning to post today for SBS, but the recipe was an awful flop (my fault). I'll have it for next week.

Foodiewife said...

I love this book, and have made several of his recipes. I'm making the strawberry sorbet, today. The mango has been on my mind for ages. Thanks for inspiring me to move this one up on my long queue of recipes I want to make.

Kathy Walker said...

This is beautiful....I enjoy mango but never had it as a sorbet. This motivated me!

Dragana said...

Refreshing - I will be making it this summer!

pam said...

I'm so glad you liked it! Of course, you can never go wrong with David!

mr. pineapple man said...

gorgeous texture...my mangoes aren't ripe yet, but will sure try ur recipe when they are :)

Rachel said...

It's times like these when I wish I had an ice cream maker. For nw, I can only drool over your pictures. Looks great!

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin